Wednesday 13 June 2012

So Many Markets!

So I am finally writing about this past weekend! This week has been busy and the days are really starting to fly by and I don't like it. Saturday was Sarah's birthday and we spent the whole day celebrating which was so fun! We went for brunch at The Breakfast Club after "queuing" for over an hour but it was so worth it.  I had the "Reggie the Veggie", a vegetarian english breakfast with scrambled eggs, toast, veggie sausage, tomato beans and potatoes with a caramel latte. It was really phenomenal.

Afterwards we went to Portobello Market for a few hours and surprisingly I only bought one item. I think I was overwhelmed by how much was there. Logan convinced me to get a silk romper and I'm glad because I love it.


For dinner we went to Aladin on Brick Lane for some curry. I tried the vegetable ceylon (medium hot coconut curry) over rice. So good! Afterwards we walked around the area and went to a few lounges.


On Sunday I went to Brick Lane and happened to stumble upon two other markets in the area; Petticoat and Spitalfield.  My favorite of the three is Spitalfield.  It is all under one roof with rows of little shops and food.  Brick Lane market was massive and it took us a while to realize that the main street was entirely food vendors and we had to step off into the 'Backyard Market' and vintage clothing building to do some shopping.  I bought clothes, jewelry and art.


No comments:

Post a Comment